Blog Archive

Monday 25 September 2017

The 6 Month Update



6 MONTHS!!!  Can't quite believe it has been 6 months already since I started the 50 challenges.  But yep, I started in April to give myself the full year plus one month for luck.  Thanks for staying with me so far, I know I've been doing quite a lot of people's heads in with this obsession.  Still, those that don't yet want to throttle me - give it time - have been asking how many things I've actually managed to tick off the list.  It's twenty.   Out of fifty.  Doesn't sound a lot really in 6 months but there are another 9 ongoing or long term items I've made a really good start on.   The ones I have ticked off though are:

No. 2: Write a letter to my Mum and Dad with 50 reasons why I love them
No. 6: Learn How To Handle Birds of Prey
No. 8: Climb up Pen Y Fan (highest point in south Wales
No. 10: Race for Life Pretty Muddy 5k
No.11: Take Part in a Dog Walk with at least 50 other dogs
No.13: Collect 50 shiny new pound coins and donate to charity
No. 15: Be a Velonteer for the Welsh Velothon
No. 17: Have a go at glassblowing
No. 20: Try archery properly
No. 21: Ride a Segway
No. 26: Climb Over the Top of the O2
No. 27: Milk a Cow
No. 29: 50 Shade of Pink photo challenge - take a picture of something pink every day for 50 days
No. 30: Grow Strawberries, a sunflower, anything....
No. 33: Bake and decorate 50 cupcakes
No.36: Llanfairpg Cream Cracker Challenge :)
No.37: Be a penguin zookeeper for a day
No. 40: Eat 50 pickled onions in 50 minutes - FAIL
No. 43: Bigger Zipper Challenge - go on the fastest zipwire in the world - and it's in Wales
No. 44 Indoor Skydive



Mmm, not bad?  So far.  Got a few cool ones still to come.   The ones I have made a good start on are:

No. 1: Start a blog and write 50 blog posts - well hey, you're reading this aren't you?  Someone, somewhere, hopefully.....
No. 3: Couch to 5k challenge - I'm getting there.   A couple of weeks I've had to repeat for various reasons but I'm out running quite consistently and so far I've made 25 minutes running non-stop - got to get to 30 minutes.
No. 7: Weatherman Walks - have gone on a couple, but I'm still well short of a minimum of 50 miles.  But we're hoping to average one hike per month and they tend to be a minimum of 5 miles each
No. 9: Compete in 50 pub Quizzes - over half way there and we are trying to visit different venues so that I'll have attended at least 12 different places by the end of the year.  At the moment I've been to 6 different pubs or events and am scouring south Wales for others
No.14: Monthly International Culture Challenge - So far, I've read 6 books by international female authors  from countries ranging from South Korea, to Iceland, to Chile and watched 6 foreign language films, with a lot of really great, well-known films in there.  Today I watched Tsotsi - a South African film which although not the easiest of stories, I truly loved.
No. 22: Can't Cook Won't Cook: make Stewart a meal each month using recipes from around the world. Oh, dear, god, I really shouldn't be let near a kitchen.  The scores for what I've made so far range from ZERO to 9 out of ten.
No.41: Celebrate a National Day of Something Each Month:  to celebrate different National Days so far we have been up a local mountain, I've made chocolate truffles, played a game of crazy golf, I complimented people for a whole day and we celebrated penguins.  This month, I shall mostly be taking a selfie of me wearing a mud mask.  Will explain all at the end of the year.
No.42: 50 Good Deeds - in all honesty, I finished this a while ago but have enjoyed it so much I'm keeping it going to see what else crops up.  I've helped rather a lot of lost people, looked after neighbours cats, sponsored and donated, given positive customer service feedback, cleaned up an upset food waste bin from a neighbours doorstep when I knew they were away and have bought lunch for a homeless girl and gave two homeless guys 6 pieces of fruit last week, randomly!
No.49: Get 50 Selfies - initially this was supposed to be selfies with people met along the way but I rediscovered that in many ways I'm actually very shy and I found this really difficult.  So I kind of changed this to just get 50 selfies.  I am still though trying to get photies with people helping me with the challenges.

So that's it.  20 ticked off, 9 started, 21 remaining!   Got a few coming up over the next month or so and of course I'll keep you updated.  It has been an absolute blast so far and has thrown up some really surprising things - like, I can make chocolate truffles, I quite like wearing helmets, AND, I can run continuously for 25 minutes.

CHEERS and huge hugs and kisses for staying with me so far!
xxx









No comments:

Post a Comment

THE FINAL HUZZAH PART TWO: DONE: 50 THINGS BEFORE I'M 50 - CHALLENGE COMPLETED - So Long And Thanks For All The Fish

50 BEFORE 50 - DONE!   Ticked off, completed, done and dusted. April 2017 I loudly and brazenly proclaimed to Facebook my intention of c...