Blog Archive

Sunday 29 April 2018

It's The Final Countdown....

Air guitars at the ready....In the words of the greatest 80s cheesy rock pop meisters.... Its The Final Countdown, daddle a daaaa, daddle a da daaa.

Just as we're about to enter the merry month of May, my birthday month, I've looked at what I've got left to do from my list and was pondering the big question which is on nobody's mind but my own - 'will she/won't she complete her list BEFORE, she's 50? The easy answer is, nope, I won't. Not a cat in hells chance.

The last proper update I did was at the six month mark in September, I'd completed 20 things. When I updated in February - mid family catastrophe - I'd reached 29 things. Now, a few months on with one month to go, it stands at 41 things completed. Soooo close but with a ton of freaking cool things recently done.
I've skinny dipped and abseiled and snowboarded and ridden a horse without killing myself, and carved myself a silver ring. I walked a lot of miles, volunteered at a half marathon, climbed a mountain - again - and ran a race dressed as an elf!
I've run a race in the dark, and with a ginger beard, I've quadbiking - again without killing myself - I've walked on fire and made my own soap. I've walked even more miles and met my hero 'Derek the weather', completed a year of celebrating a national 'something' each month and I've spent the day cuddling baby lambs.
In short, I've been having an absolute blast. In the middle of all this fun I've also dealt with the utter devastation of the sudden deaths of two absolutely beloved parents. There's no hiding from this...But, they've left me absolutely determined to rock on with 'the final countdown' .

So what's left, and why will I not complete in time. Well, its going to be close. I should be canoeing, and sushi-ING and quizzing and finishing a monthly international culture challenge. I'll even be able to do one more 5k race. That's going to leave driving a tank, getting the final few, selfies and then two items which can only be done in June. The wing walk at the moment is scheduled for June 8th and I've swapped a 10k run for a 10k 'poppy' walk which takes place June 9th. So, should finish in early June. Not actually too bad all things considered. I do have to warn you though. I am SERIOUSLY contemplating something which no other person has done, as far as I'm aware. When I hopefully complete this challenge in June, I'm pretty much set up to do 50 AT 50!!!! Back to back 50 challenges - I'm up for it, are you????

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE FINAL HUZZAH PART TWO: DONE: 50 THINGS BEFORE I'M 50 - CHALLENGE COMPLETED - So Long And Thanks For All The Fish

50 BEFORE 50 - DONE!   Ticked off, completed, done and dusted. April 2017 I loudly and brazenly proclaimed to Facebook my intention of c...