Blog Archive

Tuesday 25 April 2017

Happy World Penguin Day! STARTED: No.41 - Celebrate a National or International 'Day Of' Something Each Month





Happy World Penguin Day!!! Task No.41 started - Celebrate a National or International 'Day Of' something each month. This is obviously going to run for the next year, the task that is, not World Penguin 'Day'.  Considering my historical and known love of penguins, this particular celebration just seemed like the perfect place to start.

There seems to have been a complete explosion in these celebratory, awareness days just over the last few years. Without even looking at the rest of April but just from today alone I could have chosen to celebrate National Hug A Plumber Day, National Telephone Day or even National Zucchini Bread Day - WTF? Still, over the next year the days I have chosen will often make sense, and others are just downright bonkers! You'll have to wait and see what they are.

But for this month, starting with something I love, I can say I celebrated by going into work with a black and white top, wore a pair of penguin socks and  I thought I would finally count the amount of penguin things in our house, I found 165. The following are part of this collection from 'Penguin Corner' and our fireplace:



My favourite photos though, and one of my bestest and most cherished memories comes from the time we clambered over rocks and boulders and eventually came across a secluded bay in South Africa. Me and Stewart were able to observe penguins seriously up close for hours. Loved that experience.





No comments:

Post a Comment

THE FINAL HUZZAH PART TWO: DONE: 50 THINGS BEFORE I'M 50 - CHALLENGE COMPLETED - So Long And Thanks For All The Fish

50 BEFORE 50 - DONE!   Ticked off, completed, done and dusted. April 2017 I loudly and brazenly proclaimed to Facebook my intention of c...