Blog Archive

Wednesday 9 August 2017

ONGOING: No.41 - Celebrate a National 'Day Of' Something Each Month - August is National Mountain Climbing Day


National Day of Mountain Climbing was actually last week on August 1st. Not sure why I didn't post  then. It'll be a short post right enough.  Living in the South Wales valleys, and close to the Brecon Beacons means that we have really easy access to mountains.

Although, even tho I have no problem with walking distance, I tend to hate inclines, always have. But, I'm hoping over the next year to start including the odd wee 'hill' in my walks. Maybe as I get fitter it will become easier. Who knows - the next challenge list might include 3 peaks and loads of mountain walking!!!

For this walk however we chose to go for a fairly easy, short walk after work and went for a walk up the Garth which is local to us.   We actually started a fair way up so kind of cheated but, the real walk up the Garth will be included as a Weatherman Walks jaunt later this year. For now, this was the easy version, tho to be honest it's still incredibly steep!






















This is one of Stewart's favourite places in the whole world as he grew up being able to see the Garth from his bedroom window.  He also loves it as you really can see for miles - Cardiff, England, the valleys, the Beacons. The views really can be stunning tho they weren't the best today. Still, this was a really nice way to spend an early evening before tea.










No comments:

Post a Comment

THE FINAL HUZZAH PART TWO: DONE: 50 THINGS BEFORE I'M 50 - CHALLENGE COMPLETED - So Long And Thanks For All The Fish

50 BEFORE 50 - DONE!   Ticked off, completed, done and dusted. April 2017 I loudly and brazenly proclaimed to Facebook my intention of c...