Blog Archive

Saturday 27 May 2017

DONE: No. 20 - TRY ARCHERY PROPERLY

 

Maid Marion, Katniss Everdene, and your Scottish bird from Brave, Princess Merida, eat your hearts out!  Well, actually no, you don't have to.  The twelve month countdown has officially begun as of yesterday (May 26th) and I ticked off the next thing No.20: TRY ARCHERY PROPERLY. We have both tried this before but only for fun on hollybobs.   I was hoping that today we'd get more 'goes' and be able to concentrate a bit more.  After a brilliantly sunny and hot week in south Wales we arrived at the Taff Valley Quad Biking Centre hoping for amazing views over Pontypridd.   Instead, we got this:


Still, absolutely no problem at all and the free ranging sheep were an added attraction.  This centre is known particularly for it's quad biking trail but you can also do archery, clay pigeon shooting, an assault course and a few other things.  It's well established and popular.


But, to the archery.  They do have an outdoor field practice area but because of the weather today we were in the barn.


This was absolutely fine and even comes with very authentic farmy poo type smells!   So, there were about 9 one of us but I reckon I got the chance to shoot easily at least 20 plus arrows over the 90 minutes.  I will admit to inner childish tantrums as I was not as good I'd hoped but I will absolutely put this down to not being fully free from frozen shoulder and all the shitty restrictions that brings. I know the stance you need - perfectly demonstrated by Stewart (who came a very close second overall in the competition).  I just could not get my elbow/shoulder high enough.  Technically, your elbow should be the height of your ear - see how Stewart stands.  I couldn't even get it to shoulder height - boo!!! But, it's not about excuses,  I gave it my best shot and at least I was hitting the target - not that I could really see it!!




 
 
Another thing tried, a really enjoyable day for the two of us and we even finished with a very nice pub lunch.  I think June is going to be fairly quiet and then the fun will pick up again in July.  See you soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE FINAL HUZZAH PART TWO: DONE: 50 THINGS BEFORE I'M 50 - CHALLENGE COMPLETED - So Long And Thanks For All The Fish

50 BEFORE 50 - DONE!   Ticked off, completed, done and dusted. April 2017 I loudly and brazenly proclaimed to Facebook my intention of c...