Blog Archive

Saturday 13 May 2017

Happy National Miniature Golf Day - ONGOING - No.41 - Celebrate a National or International 'Day of' Something Each Month



Happy National Miniature Golf Day!!! This is for Task No. 41 - Celebrate a National or International 'Day Of' Something Each Month.


So, miniature golf, adventure golf or crazy golf - it's all the same thing and I've always loved it.  Played courses all over the place, in the UK, in Europe and in North America.   Some folk say crazy golf is for fun - for me and Stewart, hell no, it matters, we're competitive and we both want to win!!! 


For today however we chose to visit the 'Adventure Golf' course at Celtic Manor Newport - home of the Ryder Cup from a few years ago no less!  In fact, I also think this might have been where Obama and other world leaders stayed when Cardiff hosted the NATO summit - would love to think of Obama playing this crazy golf course.




It's a lovely wee course with lots of water features and something we've never come across before - at least twice you have to pull yourself across the water feature on a the raft - that was so cool even though with my frozen shoulder I did have to let Stewart do it.




Can choose to play 9 holes or 18 - of course we chose the 18 holes.  At £9 a pop I really didn't think it was bad value either.  It's pretty, it's difficult and they also have a lot of Celtic features and also have a hole based on The Bridge at St Andrews.





A lot of fun was had today - I have to admit that both of us had balls land in the water features a few times and in the end Stewart did beat me, narrowly - but, I was the only one to actually get a hole in one, on the course that when we started Stewart had said 'they've designed this course so nobody will get a hole in one'.  I DID !!!!!!  Huzzah :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

THE FINAL HUZZAH PART TWO: DONE: 50 THINGS BEFORE I'M 50 - CHALLENGE COMPLETED - So Long And Thanks For All The Fish

50 BEFORE 50 - DONE!   Ticked off, completed, done and dusted. April 2017 I loudly and brazenly proclaimed to Facebook my intention of c...